Student Leaders attend Summit for Video Release

Photo Credit: Tasha Wolken

Student leaders attend Ne. Coaches Association Summit.

Video Credit: Striv

Jasmine Salgado, Staff Reporter

On Friday, November 16th,  2018, Schuyler Central High School sent 12 students to the Nebraska Coaches Association Sportsmanship Summit at Lincoln North Star High School. This summit was about sportsmanship topics and it talked about being a better leader in the school and community. According to Jim Kasik, Assistant Principal at Schuyler Central High School, “We listened to speakers, had break out sessions and we also saw the unveiling of  a video titled “Competition and Kindness, they can coexist”. This was filmed at Schuyler Central High School about Schuyler Central High School by Striv.”

In-season coaches and selected activity sponsors picked two leaders in their sport/activity to send”, said Mr. Kasik. The students selected to go were: Nolan Healy, Oscar Velez, Tasha Wolken, Jakelin Mejia, Michael Hernandez, Felix Cruz, Jaiden Inselman, Leslie Adame, Sayra Escobar, Jaci Grado, Chloe Beltrand, and Janey Parra.

Sayra Escobar, a cheerleader at SCHS, was selected by Ashlie Stone, Cheerleading Sponsor. Sayra stated, “The Nebraska Coaches Association Summit taught me to not be like everyone else and to stand out.” This summit showed them how to be the best version of themselves. It taught them to make a good first impression because that is the first thing other people see about them. The Nebraska Coaches Association Summit taught them many new leadership skills that could help improve Schuyler Central High School.