Team Building is Back

Students+competing+in+the+2017-18+Team+Building+Day+

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

Students competing in the 2017-18 Team Building Day

Maria Romero, Staff Reporter

The annual Team Building Day will take place on October 26th at the Middle School Field House. Each year, Jared Severson, Schuyler Central High School Family Consumer Science Teacher, organizes the Team Building Day. He has been coordinating this event for over five years. Mr. Severson stated that “Team Building was created for the sole purpose of building relationships, team building, communication skills, and for everybody to have a bunch of fun!” At the event, students will be given lunch, and a t-shirt. At the end of the day, the top three teams get to enjoy their prizes, which depend on how much sponsorship money they get each year. Each team needs to be composed of 8 members. There is also a registration fee of $40 per team. 

Mr. Severson and his volunteers choose different activities for the teams to enjoy. “My favorite that I think kids enjoy or hate, is the Spider-Web. The next favorite would be the National Guard” Mr. Severson added. The National Guard activity is called radioactive isotopes. With this activity teams have to wear masks

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

and pick up balls using fly-swatter. Unfortunately this activity takes twice the time as the other activities, so only half of the players get to participate. 

“Students have loved it so much that more than 200 students have participated in the last two years,” Mr. Severson said. The deadline for registration will be on October 1st. Clubs and individual teams can sign up in Mr. Severson’s room.