Leadership drives the Lady Warriors

Gathered+are+the+members+of+the+2020+Lady+Warriors+Golf+team+

Photo Credit: Shanda Hall

Gathered are the members of the 2020 Lady Warriors Golf team

Briana Martinez, Staff Reporter

With one year under her belt Girls Golf Coach Shanda Hall shares with us where she sees this year’s girls golf team by the end of the season. “I really believe that the team is going to have a great season. Finishing in the top half of our tournaments is an attainable goal” remarked Coach Hall. The Lady Warriors are remaining a strong team having only lost one player, Ivana Lopez, who graduated but left the legacy of her leadership still impacted on her teammates. Coach Hall explained that “Leadership and the fact that we (Girls Golf)  have four of our five varsity team (athletes) back” will be a strong component for the teams’ success this upcoming season…

When Esmeralda Saccarias, member of the Lady Warriors Golf team was asked who Esmeralda as a team member sees as a leader this year Esmeralda said “I think that all my teammates are all leaders.” Esmeralda also shared “We have been practicing a lot to get where we are. All of our team has at least dropped 8-17 strokes.” Within the few weeks of Girls Golf starting Coach Hall says. “We have medalists in this team. Several ladies will be in the hunt every week.” For anyone interested in going out for Girls Golf, Esmeralda says “I would tell the person that we would welcome them to our family with open arms. As well tell them that they will have so much fun.” Information on the Lady Warriors game schedule is available in the Schuyler Central High School office.