New Areas bring sense of pride to SCHS

Kimberly Morales, Staff Reporter

On October 20 2020, SCS Superintendent Dr. Dan Hoesing led the celebration of the opening of the new gym with a ribbon cutting ceremony. The community of Schuyler gathered for the grand opening, to see the ribbon cutting ceremony, to get tours, and watch the volleyball game. In attendance were; Senator Bruce Bostleman, Lieutenant Govenor Mike Foley, School Board members, construction leaders, and SCHS Administration. The ribbon was cut by School Board members Rich Brabec and Brian Vavricek.The varsity volleyball players were the first to play in the new gym. With the new Scorevision scoreboard, the players’ pictures were displayed when a player scored a point, along with their name and what they did to receive the point. 

The Schuyler Community High School is now modified with many new rooms. This has added many opportunities for the Schuyler Central High School.  A new activity center was added to the Schuyler Central High School. The activity center includes a new lunch room, gym, scoreboard, wrestling room, and multipurpose classroom.

Advertising, announcements, and much more will be displayed on the cutting edge high tech scoreboard. The scoreboard media will be created and eventually managed by students here at SCHS. It will be part of the Broadcasting class and provide real life career training. Students will learn skills in advertising, marketing, and media production. Broadcasting class will be taught by Robbi McKenney, who will be working closely with Jeff Droge, the Director of Technology. With this new construction there will be a lot of opportunities that Schuyler Community High School didn’t have before. Whether it is events, gatherings, or assemblies, the community is now able to bring in more schools and have bigger events. “The new areas will bring a sense of pride that we have not had before.” Jim Kasik ,SCHS Activity Director and Assistant Principals remarked.