Paper or Virtual Books?

Photo Credit: Briana Martinez

Becky Lefdal is the SCHS Library Assistant, who is available to help you check out books.

Oscar Carvajal, Staff Reporter

Schuyler Central High School students have a choice between reading a paper or a virtual book. Reading a paper book is different from reading a virtual book. Students might prefer a paper book because they enjoy holding a book, while other students might enjoy the ability to change how the pages look on a virtual book.

Students can go to the SCHS library to check out paper books, or students can check out books from Axis360 on their iPads. Students have their preferences when it comes to reading books, some like reading from paper books while others prefer reading virtual books. According to Becky Lefdal, high school Library Assistant, “In the SCHS library, students are able to check out 10 paper books at a time, and books are due back after a two week time period as well.” SCHS students can renew their books online by logging into the website, https://schuyler.follettdestiny.com/, on the left hand side of the screen the option to renew a book will appear.

Students that prefer virtual books can check out books from Axis360. Axis360 is an app that allows students to read and check out books. Axis360 is given to students when they enter SCHS or Schuyler Middle School, according to Mrs. Lefdal, “SCHS students are given an Axis360 account, allowing them to access a complete virtual library. A student may check out three books at a time in Axis360.” Axis360 returns checked out books automatically after two weeks. Students can check out three books at a time in Axis360.