New Beginning for Softball

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

The 2022 Warrior Softball team.

Rosibel Soto, Staff Reporter

In the past few years, the softball team suffered many great losses. Now with the new season in the Fall of 2022, they are back with more self-confidence and motivation to win. With the four coaches; Shala Ostberg, Wade Brashear, Sarah Garcia, and Clarissa Eloge. Head Coach Ostberg explained that her goal this season “is to win half of the games we compete in with good batting, base hits, quick and smart base running, and scoring runs.” Coach Ostberg also stated that another goal is “Defensively, I want to make routine plays and know where to throw the ball to get outs.”

Lucy Mendez, a senior softball player, stated that her goal by the end of the season is “to build new relationships with the other players and to pitch harder and better than last year.” Mendez played all four years of high school. With new team players and coaches, Mendez commented “I do think this year will be a little different since we are recruiting and building a new team up from the past years I’ve played softball and having new coaches will be a little weird at first, but as a team we will get through everything together.” 

The softball team has already begun their softball season. Putting their hard work in the heat, Ostberg shared that the team’s weaknesses is that “the players have never played on a softball team together before.” Coach Ostberg also shared that the team’s strengths include “practicing hard everyday, swinging at strikes, not swinging at balls, and fielding grounders.”