The Schuyler Warrior

A New Look at SCHS

Jasmine Salgado, Staff Reporter

This year at SCHS the football players, the cheerleaders and volleyball players received new uniforms. The new cheer uniforms are different from previous years. Uniforms in the past have always had black as the all over color. This year, they incorporated more white. The new uniforms are green, black, and white. They look “Super Sharp” according to Coach Ashlie Stone. The cheerleaders received new uniforms because they wanted to  start the new year off with something fresh and new. In the past years, a new piece would be ordered either a new top or a new skirt. From now on, the cheerleaders will get an entirely new style of uniform every other year. The decision to get new uniforms was decided by the upperclassmen in the cheer squad. The new cheer uniforms are different in a couple of ways. To start off, it has a ton of white, “it’s nice to see a fresh change” according to Coach Stone. It is something that the people are not used to seeing. The uniform also has “Warriors” on the shell. In the past years, they have had an “S” on the shell.

As stated before, the football players received new uniforms too! In Schuyler each activity goes through a uniform rotation. After a couple of years each program gets to choose and get new uniforms. The last time they received new uniforms was in 2010.  As usual the home jerseys are green with white numbers and the away jerseys are white with green numbers. The pants were also changed. They are grey with green yellow stripes down the side. The pants are different from previous years in many ways. To start off the pants were the biggest change. They went from having green pants to having grey pants. Coach Aaron Thumann, Head Football coach said, “This is probably the best part about the uniforms. The pants were one thing that the player asked for the most. They turned out great and the team really likes them.”

Another difference is the addition of yellow into the uniforms. The yellow is not really new, “ It’s more of a throwback”according to Coach Thumann. Yellow was actually one of Schuyler’s original colors. Down the trophy hallway in the schools,  the football teams from the 70s and 80s had yellow in their uniforms. They wanted to bring back the tradition in the football program and in Schuyler. The yellow gives uniforms a

New Volleyball Jersey

nice bright flash on them. “We love having that back in the uniforms!” stated Coach Thumann. Coach Thumann had the opportunity to design the new uniform with a company called Pro Look. “I put together a bunch of ideas, which was a lot of fun to do actually, and then those ideas went to our administration and school board to see which one they liked the best.” Along with the cheerleaders and football players, the volleyball team received new jerseys. The new jersey is a forest green with a grey stripe on the shoulders. Everyone is very excited about their new uniforms. Go out and support these athletes and check out their new uniforms!

About the Writer
Jasmine Salgado, Staff Reporter

Jasmine Salgado is a junior and this is her first year as a Staff Reporter for Warrior News. She is involved in Cheer, NHS, and One Act.