FFA Week of Fun

Photo Credit: Kelly Zastera

Mikayla Cerny is working the front table at the Toy Drive.

Carlos Salinas, Staff Reporter

The week of February 23rd, Schuyler FFA celebrated FFA Week. It was a week of fun activities in which students and teachers participated. They had posters for dress-up days and competitions. According to FFA Co-Sponsor Casey Harper, “The purpose of FFA Week is to promote everything FFA and show the school and community what we are doing.”

On Sunday, there was a fundraising Pancake Feed and Toy Drive in which the community could attend. Monday there was a teacher trivia hunt where all teachers in the school could participate by scanning a QR Code and answering some questions to win a $50 gift card. The winner was Ashlie Stone. On Tuesday, there was a teacher appreciation breakfast. The members cooked breakfast for all of the staff in the school. They started serving around seven a.m. and the FFA members wore their chapter shirts all day. On Wednesday, the FFA members held a food drive. Students of Schuyler Central High School brought food down to the AG room and received a sticker to wear a hat. They needed to have 2 food items or $2 to get a sticker. On Thursday, it was a dress-up as a cowboy or cowgirl day.

On Friday, the FFA members held a student scavenger hunt around the school using QR codes. The scavenger hunt winner needed to be the first student to complete all 10 of the questions or activities. Students then showed it to Mr. Harper and received up to 3 prizes. The prizes were air pods, Bluetooth speakers, and a gift card. Friday of FFA week was also a Chapter Recruitment day. Students from the chapter wore their official dress and some of the FFA members traveled to the middle school to inform the students about the organization.

FFA Week was held to showcase what students have been doing in class, contests, and community participation. “Next year, we would like to have a community night and have stakeholders within the community come to see what we are doing. I also would like to increase the amount of participation school-wide” stated Mr. Harper.