The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Presenting the 24-25 SCHS Dance Team

The+2024-25+SCHS+Dance+Team.+
Photo Credit: Jasmin Lopez
The 2024-25 SCHS Dance Team.

The Schuyler Central High School Dance Team annual dance try-outs were on March 4th-8th. Students practiced at 6 a.m everyday. Seventeen students tried out and 14 of the students made the team. These students were Kamila Cirila 9, Stephanie Garcia 9, Ashly Mateo 9, Lexi Peterson 9, Analia Aldana 10, Africa Corona 10, Yaritza Mejia 10, Dayami Renteria 10, Emma Reyna 10, Miriam Deanda 11, Daisy Herrera 11, Yasmin Montanez 11, and Nadia Pond 11. Their upcoming grade level is displayed behind their names. Jasmin Lopez, a first grade teacher and youth soccer coach, is the SCHS Dance Team Coach. Mrs. Lopez has been coaching the Dance team for two years now. 

Dayami Renteria, a freshman at SCHS, explained “the biggest difference for the Dance team would be how much smaller our team will be due to all the seniors leaving this year.” Mrs. Lopez was on the SCHS Dance Team for three years when she was in high school. Mrs. Lopez is looking forward to getting to know the girls throughout next years season. Daisy Herrera, a sophomore at SCHS, stated that the “ big challenge for the dance team would probably be getting over with dance camp.” Both Daisy and Dayami shared that their favorite memory was “the time we all went to our coach’s house and made smores.” 

Practices for the Dance team will start in May and they will practice throughout the summer to prepare for the next school year. The Dance Team will also be going to a University of Nebraska in Lincoln camp for four days and there they will learn different skills and will see other dance teams perform. Mrs. Lopez shared that “This is a great opportunity for the girls to bond with one another.”