The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Last Track Season for Carter

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
2024 Warrior Track and Field team.

The 2024 Warrior Track And Field season is the last year for Head Coach Rick Carter, as he will be retiring. Mr. Carter has taught for 34 years with 18 of those with Schuyler Community Schools. Mr. Carter not only taught high school math at Schuyler Central High School, but was also a track and cross-country coach.  This 2024 year has approximately 16 female student athletes and 30 male student athletes competing in Warrior Track and Field this year. There are approximately 28 new students on the team.

Mr. Carter helped me improve during track season, but not just me, he helped all of us improve and pushed us all as a team,” shared track athlete and senior, Naomi Mejia. Last track season had the most State qualifiers in the 17 years that Mr. Carter has been coaching.. There were 5 State qualifiers last year. An inspiring quote that Mr. Carter shared with the track team, according to Naomi Mejia, is “To believe in yourself and to keep trying to reach where you want to be.” Mr. Carter has coached with Scott Mollring, SCHS Physical Education teacher, for 3 years. “I appreciate Coach Carter, he did a great job giving kids chances to be successful,” Coach Mollring commented.