The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

New Soccer head coach preparing for State

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
The 2024 Schuyler Warriors Boys soccer team.

The 2024 season for Boys Soccer has  a new head coach and new assistant coaches. The Head Coach is Ulises Fuentes and the assistant coaches are; SCHS Science teacher, Erik Kravig, and SCHS Physical Education teacher, Austin Hauptman. Coach Fuentes works at Behlen Manufacturing in Columbus. He is a manufacturing manager. The Schuyler Warriors started off their season at Aurora. The varsity won 3-0. David Arciga, a sophomore, made 2 goals, and Obed Benazo, a junior, scored 1. Junior varsity won 10-0. Jose Cruz, a senior, increased his season goals made in a high school career. He is very close to breaking the State Class B record for most goals scored in a high school career. Coach Fuentes played soccer when he was in school at Schuyler. He has lived in Schuyler for 28 years. He has been coaching for 7 years, and graduated from Schuyler Central High School.

At the Schuyler Invite, the boys had games against Central Roncalli, and Ralston. The varsity boys won 3-2 against Ralston and they won 3-1 against Central Roncalli, which put them in first place. On Thursday, March 22, the boys went to Mount Michael Benedictine and the varsity team won 2-0 and JV won 2-1. On Friday, March 22, the Schuyler boys reserve team played Madison at home and won 4-1 with freshmen, Eddie Deleon and Kevin Delacruz, scoring 2 goals each. The next game between varsity, JV, and reserve boys will be on April 2. They will play at Crete. What the boys need to work on as a team, according to Coach Fuentes, ” Is to continue passing the ball quicker and be confident.”