The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

A Sneak peek of the upcoming SCHS Musical.

Photo Credit: Daniel Estrada
“Little Shop of Horrors” SCHS upcoming musical.

The Schuyler Central High School will soon be performing a musical called “The Little Shop of Horrors.”  The plot of the musical is that a flower shop assistant finds a strange plant during an eclipse to which he names Audrey II, because he is in love with his co-worker Audrey. The plant attracts a lot of attention to the struggling store, but it turns out that the catch is that the plant only feeds off human flesh and meat. The directors of the musical are Paul Niedbalski, Hope Pederson, and Morgan Semerad. 

Martin Gonzalez, a sophomore, is one of the lead actors in the musical. Martin’s role is of Audrey II the plant. “I don’t like, but love my character, and I also love how flexible our dialogue is,” Martin explained. One of the main reasons why Martin joined the musical is that he enjoyed the fact that he could add a lot more expression and accent to the character.

Yamilet Ortiz, a junior, is another lead actor in the musical this year. Yamilet plays the character of Audrey. She went out for the musical, because she found interest and entertainment when she went to go watch her cousin be in a musical a couple of years ago. She enjoys the fact that everyone participating in the musical is supportive and helpful. “I’ve learned how to become a better actor throughout the years, and on how to find ways to relate to characters,” Yamilet shared. She also took part in a musical during her freshman year, playing little Anastasia in the musical “Anastasia”. The musical will be held on May 2nd and 3rd both at 7 P.M, and on May 5th at 2 P.M. in the high school auditorium.