The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

The FFA Cornerstone Award

Photo Credit: SCHS Yearbook
Mr. Moomey, Dr. Lefdal, and Mr. Harper at State FFA after Dr. Lefdal received the award.

The  high school State FFA was held in Lincoln, NE. One of the awards presented was the Cornerstone Award. The Cornerstone Award was given  to administrators all over Nebraska for the time they put into FFA and their help with the educational programs. The Cornerstone Award is sponsored by the Cornerstone Bank. One of the four 2024 FFA Cornerstone awards was presented to Schuyler Central High School Principal Joey Lefdal. Dr.  Lefdal was nominated by many people.”Dr. Lefdal deserved the award for his unwavering dedication and support to our FFA Chapter and our school as a whole,” shared SCHS FFA Co-sponsor, Hal Moomey. SCHS FFA Co-sponsor Casey Harper and Mr. Moomey were able to give students hands-on learning opportunities through Dr. Lefdal’s leadership. Mr.  Harper also nominated Dr. Lefdal for the award. According to Dr. Lefdal, “FFA is an amazing program for schools.” The Cornerstone Awards are given to school administrators who offer support and invest time into their agricultural education programs and FFA Chapters.