The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Boys and Girls place at Conference

Jose Cruz going up against two opposing team players.
Photo Credits: Erik Kravig

At Schuyler Central High School, the ‘24 Soccer season slowly comes to an end. At Central Conference, held on April 11, the girls team defeated Aurora 6-0 and the boys defeated Lakeview 10-0. Majority of the boy’s goals were made by Jose Cruz, at 6 goals tying him with his career high mark. The teams played again that Saturday at Wilderness Park in Columbus for semi finals, boys winning 4-1 with Jose Cruz scoring two and Yojan Cruz with the other, which set Schuyler up to play against Lexington. Lexington was in the lead in the first half leaving Schuyler to come back in the second with a goal by Andrick Alarcon and an assist by Jose. In the end, Lexington scored a couple more goals and beat Schuyler 3-1. “At that point, I began to realize how much the game meant to Warrior Nation as the crowd was very excited and into the game,” Assistant Coach Erik Kravig shared. Conference for the boys and girls ended with the boys placing second and girls third.

Jose Cruz, a Senior at SCHS is now a State record holder for the Class B goals scored in a high school career. As of April 18th, Jose was standing with 107 goals, needing 5 more to beat the record of 112. By April 22, Jose had beaten the record at 113 goals and is still adding to his numbers during sub-districts that started Monday, April 29th. Jose shared, “The most improvement we’ve had this season is our communication and just overall playing as a team.”