Warrior Softball, off to a Great Start

Carlos Salinas, Staff Reporter

Schuyler Softball team won their first game this year. The assistant coaches this year are Clarissa Eloge and Ashley Faltin. The new Head Coach is Schuyler Central High School Social Studies teacher, Jordan Haas. “This is my first year coaching softball, but I have coached baseball for seven years at multiple levels. I played baseball for four years at Nebraska Wesleyan University and four years at Lincoln Pius X in high school.” stated Coach Haas. 

Coach Haas has played baseball since he was four years old. Two of the games he loved playing were baseball and softball. “I am very excited about the team this year. We have 7 seniors, 2 juniors, and a lot of talented underclassmen who are going to be able to make contributions” remarked Coach Haas. This years captains are Jaiden Inselman, Jaiden Sock, Jaki Mejia, and Carla Chacon.

Senior Jaiden Inselman is a returning player for softball this year. “I joined softball this year because it is my favorite sport. My goal this year is to improve my pitching and my batting average, and also to get some more wins for our team!” stated Inselman. Jaiden Inselman has been playing for 14 years. Warriors softball team is at a good start this season starting two-three and are excited to get into the rest of the season.