SCHS Softball is worked up and ready to Go

Photo Credit: Robbi Mckenney

Pitcher, Lucy Mendez, fights time to get runner out.

Lasayia Ramirez, Staff Reporter

The 2020 Schuyler Central High School Softball is worked up and ready to go. The Softball team has already started playing games. The head coach this year is SCHS World Studies teacher Jordan Haas. Coach Haas said that this year is going to be really different because they lost seven Seniors last year to graduation. “We are going to try and do a lot of the same things we did last year, but it is going to be a big learning curve, with a lot of new girls learning new positions defensively, and seeing varsity level pitching for the first time” stated Coach Haas. The strengths Coach Haas sees in the softball team is positivity and motivation. 

This season the Softball team is trying to improve their quality of at-bats and improve their defense. The team is looking to raise their fielding percentage again this year. The number one concern Coach Haas has is the players safety. “We want all of our girls to stay safe, and stay healthy.” Coach Haas said. 

Softball player Lucy Mendez wants to improve on her batting and pitching. “My favorite part of softball is practicing pitching, fielding, and meeting new people.” stated Lucy. Something Lucy would tell someone interested in softball is to go out for it, it’s a very fun experience to do and you learn a lot. You get to meet new people and you’ll just love it.