King and Queen get crowned at SCHS

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

SCHS Homecoming Candidates

Ronal Nieto, News Reporter

Schuyler Central High School’s Spirit Week began September 14th and ended on the 18th with the Homecoming football game against Loganview, a dance, and the crowning of the King and Queen. Everyday of Spirit week there was a different theme to dress up for school. Monday’s theme was beach, Tuesday’s theme was Tye Dye, Wednesday’s theme was jersey day, Thursday’s theme was neon day, and Friday’s theme was Warrior gear. The 2020 Homecoming was essentially the same with the exception of having to wear a mask, getting temperature checked, and the absence of the big Pep Rally. A policy at the Homecoming dance was that students had to keep the mask on the whole time while there and if the chaperones caught students not wearing it two times the student would be asked to leave. Otherwise it was the same as previous years. 

Homecoming King and Queen (Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff)

The candidates for King and Queen were Yair Garcia, Jonathan Gonzalez, Easton Hall, Aaron Langemeier, Dominic Semerad, Sarai Avila, Alejandra Castro, Stefany Rocha, Jocelyn Tena, and Karli Vavricek. According to Jim Kasik, SCHS Assistant Principal and Activity Director, to be a candidate for Homecoming King or Queen, students have to have a minimum of 180 credits, need to be enrolled in  the 7th semester of high school, and be a full-time student. Students that matched that criteria were then put on a list and were voted for by the “S” Club and Student Council. All SCHS then voted on the King and Queen of Homecoming. Following the football game Yair Garcia was chosen King, and the Queen was Sarai Avila.