The End of Phase Two

SCHS+Preforming+Arts+Ceremony+was+December+16th.+

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

SCHS Preforming Arts Ceremony was December 16th.

Caitlin Kronberg, Staff Reporter

Schuyler Central High School is now coming to the end of its two part construction plan. Construction began with a Groundbreaking Ceremony in 2019 on May 9th. The project is now coming to a close. The first phase included a new gym, cafeteria, two new rooms, and a high tech scoreboard for the gym. The scoreboard will provide in demand career training for SCHS students. The new section of the school, built in phase one, was introduced to the community, staff, and students with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on October 20th of this year. 

The second phase is also nearly complete. One of the old gymnasiums has been converted into a Performing Arts Auditorium . The last few renovations will be completed within the week. It was opened for a SCHS Band and Choir concert on December 13th. The new space will see another performance by the One Act team on December 18th. The new stage is larger than the previous one. The light and sound systems have also been updated to accommodate new technologies. The old bleachers have been taken out and replaced by cloth theater chairs. More seating, chairs that are rearrangeable, are also lined up at floor level to seat extra people. Both the new gym and theater will allow other schools to travel and compete at Schuyler for many years to come.