Culinary Students plan to Spice up Parent Teacher Conferences

Photo Credit: Jared Severson

Food Trucks and shopping comes to Parent Teacher Conferences.

Carolina Carvajal, Staff Reporter

Entrepreneurship and Culinary class students will be running their own businesses at the Parent Teacher Conference. High school culinary class is participating in a Food Truck competition on Tuesday, March 8th. There are four groups with two advanced students (non-first year students) and three or four first year students per group.  The students are competing with each other to see who can sell the most food and who can make the most money. Joselyn Sosa, first year culinary student, is “excited to see who wins the competition.” Students such as Fredy Vazquez “value this experience because it teaches” him time management. The students are able to create, market, and sell their own food. There are two times the students will be selling their food in the auditorium, 11am-1pm and 5pm-7pm. Nachos, pizza, sandwiches, and much more will be sold during Parent Teacher Conferences. 

Entrepreneurship class students are running their own business and creating their products. Entrepreneurship class is a dual credit class. Students who take this class receive not only high school credit, but can also receive college credits. A business plan is created during the class and students use their sales from their projects to evaluate their business’s financial success. Students this year will be selling air fresheners, candles, bracelets, keychains, and Schuyler merchandise. The public is welcom to come and support the SCHS students March 8th.