FFA members hard work comes with Great Results

Photo Credit: Casey Harper

Schuyler FFA Chapter

Alexis Manzano, Staff Reporter

On March 1st, 2022, the Schuyler FFA Agri-Science team were the District champions. The following students each received their own ranking. The following members were a part of the Agri-Science Team: Bela Jedlicka placed 4th, Ally Vavricek 6th, Abby Reyna 9th, and Addy Vavricek 12th. The Nursery and Landscape team were runner up in their category. This team included: Eliza Bailey who placed 4th, Anna Soto 6th, Kathryn Novacek 8th, and Makayla Cerny 10th. FFA members study for a competition by using flashcards and Quizlet. To prepare for a competition this big they had to prepare fully. Freshman, Bela Jedlicka stated, “We were all shocked to hear that we got first and we’re going to State, we didn’t really believe it at first and our jaws just dropped.” There were a total of 16 teams competing in FFA Districts. 

My favorite experience from FFA would be going on van rides with my teammates and then going to Pizza Ranch on our way home from Districts,” shared Bela Jedlicka. With hard work comes better results and Casey Harper, FFA Co-Sponsor and SCHS Agricultural teacher, talked about why he chose to be a sponsor, “I have a passion for students and we have a huge role to play in agriculture.” Mr. Harper sponsors FFA because he wants to be able to teach the students to give back to community. The State competition for FFA will be held on April 6th-8th in Lincoln on the UNL college campus.