A peek of the 2022 Cross Country team

The+new+2022+Cross+Countrys+team.+

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

The new 2022 Cross Country’s team.

Gina Escobar, Staff Reporter

As the new season of 2022 Schuyler Central High School Warrior Cross Country team now begins, a new way of practicing and combining boys and girls together is happening. Cross Crountry used to be separate with boys having two coaches and the girls having one coach. Cross Country Coach Rick Carter explained “Coach Beebe and myself think this is going to be a great benefit to both the boys and girls.” The main reason is that the girls will always have someone to run with and the boys and girls will push each other to be better. They lost two state qualifiers, Marisol DeAnda and Eduardo Carrasco, who were seniors last year. However, Coach Carter shared that “Miriam DeAnda looks to be an excellent replacement for sister Marisol.” It also seems that Gaby Rodriguez and Sinai Sanchez are good too according to Coach Carter. Their only goal is to see everyone improve, “it would be nice to have some state qualifiers,” but that is not the number one goal that would be an individual goal explained Coach Carter  

With a new team and upcoming meets, Coach Carter expects that both the boys and girls team will do well. The key is to have four solid runners as the team score is determined by adding the places of the top four runners on the team. Boys who Coach Carter thinks could step up and make the varsity team are Gavin Bywater, a State Qualifier from last year is back and is looking better than ever. Sophmore Gabe Lucar, Junior Alexis Manzono and Freshman Yojan Cruz are “looking like solid top four runners right now,” commented Coach Carter. Several other people are improving too. Coach Carter wants to see everyone succeed also. “Succeeding doesn’t always necessarily mean winning a meet; succeeding means seeing everyone get better,” commented Coach Carter.