A new face at SCHS

Photo Credit: Gadiel Alvarado

Mrs. Blaser is excited to teach at SCHS.

Gadiel Alvarado, Staff Reporter

Schuyler Central High School has gained some new teachers this school year. One new teacher is Audrey Blaser. She is a new government teacher. She teaches the eleventh graders. Mrs. Blaser chose SCHS, because it is larger than her previous school and she has many ways to grow as a teacher. Even though it is her first year teaching at SCHS, she has taught for twenty-eight years prior to becoming a Warrior. One thing Mrs. Blaser is looking forward to this school year is “learning everyone’s name and attending the activities of the students,” Mrs. Blaser explained.

High school, for Mrs. Blaser, was fun. She made great friends at Humphrey High School and who she is still very close with today. She was also very active in FFA, FCCLA, and she also played volleyball. Mrs. Blaser decided to become a teacher because she wanted to have “vast knowledge” so she can share that knowledge to help teach people,” Mrs. Blaser stated. Mrs. Blaser attended and graduated from Humphrey high school. Mrs. Blaser attended Central Community College, and then Wayne State College. Finally, Mrs. Blaser received her Masters from Doane College. While teaching at SCHS, Mrs. Blaser thinks of Schuyler as a “hidden gem” and that great things are going to happen here as well as improve while she is here.