Jump up day at SCHS

Photo Credit: Yearbook staff

Culture Club Members representing Culture Club at their table in the west gym to recruit new members.

Jump Up Day is a day 8th grade students visit the high school so they can get to know the building and so they can start making connections with people. This year at Schuyler Central High School the incoming freshmen came to visit SCHS on March 21st. This day also gives students opportunities to meet the coaches and look at or even sign up for different activities or sports they can do in the summer or even when school starts. Student council is in charge of organizing and setting up Jump Up day. Students get split up into groups that rotated from the auditorium, a tour around the school, and to the gym to to look at sports and clubs tables or even sign up. The Student Council members led the 8th grade students walking from Schuyler Middle School to SCHS. They also were tour guides for the students and showed them around the school while giving them some information. There were different tables set up in the gym representing different activities, sports, and clubs. 

Brandi Zavadil, Student Council Sponsor and EL Programming/Instructional Coach, shared “I am not sure how long SCHS has hosted a Jump Up Day, however, this is my 7th year here and it has happened every year that I have been here.” Mrs.Zavidil is currently collecting feedback from the 8th grade students to see what can be done to make Jump Up Day a better experience. “I think it is important for there to be a Jump Up Day, because it’s a way for the 8th graders to get a quick insight of high school,” shared Litzy Ramirez, member of Student Council and a Senior at SCHS.