A Satisfying Conclusion for FCCLA

This+years+FCCLA+team.+Photo+Credit%3A+SCHS+Website+

This years FCCLA team. Photo Credit: SCHS Website

Jesus Chavez, Staff Reporter

FCCLA is a group meant to create solutions for today’s issues and expand their abilities to lead groups and expand their knowledge on things that can be used in the future. The organization also encourages chapters to identify issues in their community and find ways to improve it. “There’s just so much for students to be involved in with FCCLA,” stated Daisy Mejia, the FCCLA advisor and SCHS business teacher. This year seven FCCLA members won multiple different awards at the State Star competition. Two students took first place. One of the students was Josue Fuentes, his category was Baking and Pastry in Level 3. Fuentes won first place in 1st Gold level becoming a State Champ and National Qualifier. The second student was Vivi Anne Sayer. her category was Fashion Construction Level 3. Vivi Anne won 1st place Gold level and is also another State Champ and National Qualifier. Lucy Mendez, a senior, placed 8th Gold level in Career Investigation Level 3. Alex Aldana, a sophomore, placed 7th in Fashion Construction Level 2. Maria Aranda, Emily Daviu, and Kalani Marino placed 6th place Silver level in Event Management Level 3. 

I couldn’t be more proud of our chapter and its STAR competitors this year,” said Ms. Mejia. Ms. Mejia reminds us that it is not the end result, but the journey. “The beginning was a little rocky as I was still learning about the organization and how I can help the chapter reach some of their goals,” shared Ms. Mejia. Kalani Marino, who was on the event management team, shared that “FCCLA gives people amazing memories and friends.” Kalani wishes to thank the people she has worked with and wants them to know that she’ll cherish those memories forever.