The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Volleyball team works to become a family

Yearbook Staff
The 2023 SCHS Volleyball team.

The Schuyler Central High School Girls Volleyball team has started their 2023-2024 season. The girls had their first volleyball game on August 24. Drey Keairnes is an English Teacher/School Librarian, Assistant Wrestling Coach, and Head Volleyball Coach. This will be Coach Keairnes third year as head volleyball coach. Coach Keairnes exclaimed how their first game “had a lot of positives.” Coach Keairnes shared that in that game “the girls moved well, played with intensity, and did the things they were asked to do.” 

“My biggest goal this season is to continue building a positive culture where the girls are confident in their abilities, work hard, and trust each other,” explained Coach Keairnes and he went on to explain how he wants to bring a “family-like element to the team.” Marisol Palma, a returning junior volleyball player, shared that her goal this season is to have a positive mentality. “I want to show up and stand up at practices and games,” exclaimed Marisol. The expectations Coach Keairnes wants to set for the girls are to be positive, committed, and set a 100% time for their effort. Coach Keairnes explained that this season’s plan is “working the girls as hard as I can each day to improve their skills both mentally and physically.” The girls will have their first home game on Thursday, September 7 against Twin River and West Point as a triangular game.