The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

New head coach for Warrior Football

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
The 2023 Schuyler Football team.

The 2023 football season has begun. The head coach for this year’s season is Schuyler Central High School Science teacher, Nick Wilcox. This is Coach Wilcox’s first year as head football coach. Coach Wilcox has been an assistant coach for football and wrestling for 13 years at SCHS. Coach Wilcox played football at Omaha South High School and at Morningside University. Coach Wilcox shared that playing college football was one of the best experiences of his life. It really was what made him know that he wanted football to be a big part for the rest of his life and why he knew he wanted to coach when he became a teacher at SCHS. 

This season there are 48 students participating in football. There are 12 seniors, 13 juniors, 11 sophomores and 12 freshmen. Raymond Zastera, a sophomore at SCHS, has been playing football for 9 years. Raymond’s goal in football is to get better and for his team to improve even more. Talon Andel is a junior at SCHS. Talon went out for football, because he loves the sport. Talon started playing football in 7th grade. His goal for football is to be a starter on the varsity offensive line. “Our team has a great set of senior leaders,” according to Coach Wilcox. The team knew from day one that they could tell that they were going to be committed to how they want things to run. That made it easier for the team to buy into the system. Coach Wilcox explained that, “It will allow them to continue to grow and be successful as a team.”