The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Warrior Football breaks Win Record

Alejandro+Rico+Rodriguez+making+a+run+during+the+Warrior+vs.+ONeill+game.+
Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
Alejandro “Rico” Rodriguez making a run during the Warrior vs. O’Neill game.

The 2023 Warrior football team has broke their win record. On September 8th, the Warriors won vs. Fairbury, Warriors won 16 to 7 at Fairbury Junior – Senior High School. Warrior football has not won more than one game a year since 2010. In 2010, they won four games and lost five games. That was the last year, until now that the team won more than one game a year. Last year in 2022 Fairbury beat the Warriors by 62 to 6. During the football game vs. Fairbury the Warriors had multiple interceptions and quarterback sacks. This was the second win this season. The first win of the season was on August 25 vs. Concordia. The Warriors won 16 to 13 at the Schuyler Central High School.   

Senior, offensive and defensive starter Alejandro “Rico” Rodriguez shared, “I believe the team is doing better this year due to the leadership in our Senior class.”  Rico plays as wide receiver and defensive back. “Our current coach staff this year has shown us more discipline and hunger than last year’s,” explained Rico. The assistant coaches this year are Scott Mollring, Casey Harper, Austin Hauptman, Wade Brashear and Anthony Bolen. According to Head Coach Wilcox, “the team has a great set of senior leaders that drive our crew, in addition to staff that has worked hard to try and get the athletes into the best position possible to have success.”