The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

FFA Nationals includes Caterpillars and Goats

Photo Credit: Hal Moomey
FFA Schuyler members who attended Nationals with Co-Adviser Hal Moomey.

A group of Schuyler FFA members went to FFA Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana. They were gone for 4 days, October 31st through November 3rd. Members from the FFA Schuyler chapter have gone to the FFA National Convention for the last 5 years, with the exception of during Covid. This year six FFA students and an advisor from Schuyler were joined by two FFA students and an advisor from Battle Creek for the trip. The students from Schuyler who went were; Caleb Bailey, 9, Nathan Colvin, 10, Talon Andel, 11, Allison and Addison Vavricek, 11, and Grant Arps, 12. The six students qualified for the trip by getting involved in activities, completing an application, and participating in an in person interview with the administrators and members of the community. “What interested me the most was meeting different FFA chapters from all across the United States,” shared Talon. 

The FFA Co-Sponsors are Casey Harper and Hal Moomey. This year only Hal Moomey attended Nationals. On the way to Nationals, the FFA team went on a tour of a Caterpillar manufacturing plant. They also went on a college tour of Iowa State University. The Schuyler FFA group was able to meet with companies, colleges, and other FFA chapters at Nationals. During Nationals, Schuyler students listened to a keynote speaker, attended a goat milk tour, and the students learned how soap is processed and manufactured at a small business. “We hope to give them educational opportunities to explore future career opportunities,” shared Mr. Moomey.