The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Assistant Coach to Head

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
The 2023 Schuyler Boys Basketball team.

Jordan Haas, a U.S History teacher, is the new Head Coach for the Warrior Boys Basketball team. He was previously the assistant coach for the Schuyler Central high school boys last season. The 22-23 boys basketball season ended with an overall of 1-20. Coach Haas explained that the goal this year he wants for the boys is to “be competitive, control the three controllables: Effort, Attitude and Communication.” Coach Haas went on to explain that the team’s strength is that “we have a lot of very coachable players, even with a new staff coming in, they have been sponges, soaking up knowledge, plays, concepts, etc.” 

Chris Hernandez, a junior, is a returning player for the Warriors. This will be his third year playing basketball and he wants to improve by being a better teammate and scorer. The boys did not have any camps this summer, but they did have conditioning a week before their practice. They focus on skills, running, and shooting. The boys had their first game against the Madison Dragons on November 30th with the score of 38-57, and the second game the next day against the Douglas County West Falcons on December 1st.