The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Encouragement will lead to success

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
The 2023 Girls Basketball team.

The new season of 2023-2024 Schuyler Central High School Girls Basketball has just began. This year SCHS Girls Basketball team has a total of 22 players, a combination of returning and new athletes. The coach for the 23-24 season basketball team is Head Coach Jason Wehner. Coach Wehner is a P.E teacher at Schuyler Elementary School. Assisting coaches for the girls basketball team are Stephanie Pearson and Jessica Graef. This is Coach Wehner’s second year as the girls basketball head coach. According to Coach Wehner, the team’s strength is “the amount of varsity experience some of the girls have.” Many of the girls have been playing since a young age. Some goals Coach Wehner has set for this season includes “winning more games and increasing our points per game this season.” Coach Wehner would like to host another conference basketball game. 

Abby Reyna, a junior on the SCHS girls basketball team, shared that “we have a lot of fun at practice, even if we just got done with conditioning.” Abby didn’t have a passion for basketball until her 7th grade year. “I played club basketball for two years, that is when I grew a passion for the sport,” shared Abby. Abby explained that she is working to improve this season with “shooting and my ball handling skills.” Abby thinks encouraging one another to work their hardest on the court is needed for this season in order to score more points at games.