The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Schuyler wrestlers; leaving a mark

Chris+Shannon+going+against+Lakeview+opponent.+
Photo Credit: SCHS Yearbook
Chris Shannon going against Lakeview opponent.

At the beginning of the season, the Warrior boys and girls had their first dual at home on Nov. 30th against Crete and both the girls and boys won. The boys won 41 to 24 and the girls won 45 to 30. The Schuyler wrestling boys competed at the Blair duals and one of the wrestling athletes, Trey Svatora, kept up his win streak of 5-0 at a weight of 126 pounds on December 1st. On December 1st, the girls wrestling team competed at the Fremont Invite. The girl wrestlers had 11 medalists; Yuritza Mejia, Maribel Gonzalez, Courtney Briones, Ester Miranda, Emily Garcia, Luz Gasper, Anna Dinslage, Miriam Deanda, Lauren Wemhoff, Laura Ardiano-Cax, and Gina Alba. There were two first place qualifiers, two second place qualifiers, one third place qualifiers, and six fourth place qualifiers.

The girls wrestling team went against Elkhorn and won 54 to 27 on December 7th. The Schuyler boys wrestling team competed at the Fort Calhoun tournament on December 9th and showed the other teams their spirit. The Warrior boys wrestling team had five champions, twelve medalists, and received a team trophy. The Schuyler wrestling girls JV team competed at Wood River on December 9th. Many of the wrestlers won their first match and they had two medalists; Nadia Pond at 3rd place weighing in at 115, and Maddy Pineda at 1st place weighing in at 120. On December 14th, the Schuyler boys wrestling team had their second home dual  against Lakeview. This dual was also a win for the boys at 42 to 30.