The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

FFA stacks up on ribbons at Districts

Part+of+the+FFA+group+cheering+on+with+each+other+at+Districts.+
Photo Credit: Hal Moomey
Part of the FFA group cheering on with each other at Districts.

On February 1st, 2024, the Schuyler FFA team competed at Districts. Districts took place at the Central Community College in Columbus. Schuyler Central High School Agricultural teacher Casey Harper, is one of the Schuyler Co-Sponsors for the FFA Chapter. Mr. Harper has been involved in FFA for 11 years. The other Co-Sponsor is Hal Moomey. This is Mr. Moomey’s second year being a FFA Co-Sponsor at SCHS. As the FFA team starts to compete, Mr. Moomey has been helping students prepare for their competitions and giving them feedback. Mr. Moomey was also involved in FFA during his high school years and has been using his past experience to help his students. 

There were a total of 24 SCHS students who attended Districts and were successful in their categories. The students who placed in each of their categories at Districts were; Raymond Zaestra (10), placed 40th overall and received a red ribbon for Agronomy, and both Caleb Bailey (9), and Hayden Bailey (10) received blue ribbons for Agronomy. For Food Science, Angela Yepez (11) received a red ribbon and placed 23rd overall. Also in the Food Science category, Chayden Albers (10) received a red ribbon and placed 32nd overall. For Floriculture, Amayrani Arevalo (10) received a red ribbon and placed 25th overall, and Citlali Aldana (10) received a white ribbon and placed 46th overall. Abby Reyna (11) placed 17th overall and received a blue ribbon for Natural Resources. Bella Jedlicka (11) placed 4th, Addison Vavricek (11) placed 6th, and Allison Vavricek (11) placed 9th overall for Natural Resources. All three received purple ribbons. For Agricultural Biotechnology, Wyatt Kluck (12) received a purple ribbon and placed 7th overall. Also for Agricultural Biotechnology, Nathan Colvin (10) received a blue ribbon and placed 16th overall, and Maliya Keeshan (10) received a red ribbon and placed 21st overall. Lastly, for Agricultural Mechanic, Talon Andel (11) received a red ribbon and placed 28th overall. Both Caleb Bailey and Jacob Hahn (10) received blue ribbons for Agricultural Mechanic. Both the Natural Resources team and Livestock Management team qualified for State.