The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

Blind Date With Books

Blind+date+with+books+at+the+Schuyler+Central+High+School+Library.+
Photo Credit: Luz Soto
Blind date with books at the Schuyler Central High School Library.

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, Rebecca Lefdal, the Assistant Librarian at Schuyler Central High School, decided to use an idea in the library that she had seen on Pinterest called the “Blind Date with Books”. The way this works is that she wraps the books and writes a small quote on them. “That will hopefully pique a reader’s interest and inspire them to check it out,” comments Mrs. Lefdal. The main goal with this idea is to get students interested in checking out books. “I love having students stop by the library, look over all the wrapped books, and select one to unwrap,” shared Mrs. Lefdal. 

Mrs. Lefdal stated that only a few students have unwrapped and checked out books. She explained that she only wrapped the new books for this Blind Date display. Mrs. Lefdal shared that, “I think students like the mystery and excitement of selecting a book without knowing the title or seeing the cover.” Mrs. Lefdal asked the students for feedback on the books to see whether they liked it or not so that she can recommend the books to other students. Mrs. Lefdal comments that the phrase “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” is really true.