The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

FFA Chapter gives thanks to area Ag people

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff
FFA supporters in line for their meals.

The Schuyler FFA Chapter held an Ag Appreciation Night on February 9th. This was the second year the event was held. There were thirty-three FFA members and seven parents who were involved in the event. During the Ag Appreciation night, the FFA members ran the concessions stand, sold tickets for a “split the pot” raffle, served pork sandwich meals, sold merchandise, held a free will donation, and presented a slideshow in recognition between varsity basketball games. The FFA Chapter had three sponsors this year; Didier’s, QC Supply, and the Schuyler Community Chamber of Commerce. 

The Ag Appreciation night was to say thank you to the farmers and other ag business people for their hard work and supporters of the Schuyler FFA Chapter. “We believed that by simply offering a meal and showcasing our program highlights,” explained Casey Harper, appreciation to the Ag community was shown. Another benefit of the Ag Appreciation night was that it put more recognition on the farmers in our community.