Fall Athletes honored at Awards Night

Jesus Maganda, Myers/ Reinecke/ Shonka Wrestling award.

Erik Hernandez, Staff Reporter

On November 6th, 2018 Schuyler Central High School held the annual Fall Sports Award Night. Awards and recognition was given out to members of girls golf, softball, cross country, football, and volleyball. The Myers/Reinecke/Shonka award was awarded in memory of Ronald Myers, Stephen Reinecke, and Danny Shonka. They were Schuyler students and athletes who were tragically hit by a train, while they were in a car, in 1968. The award was given out to participants in cross country, football, and golf.

The recipients of the Myers/ Reinecke/ Shonka awards were; Cristobal Gonzalez and Edith Oiden for cross country, Ivana Lopez for girls golf, and Jesus Maganda for football. Awards for softball participants were received by Jaiden Sock for Most Improved Offensive Player, Britney Nevarez for Most Improved Defensive Player, and Jaiden Inselman for All Around Player. The recipients of the Football Awards were; Travis Marxsen for Best Defensive Player, Emmanuel Rocha for Interior Lineman, and Axel Soto for Most Improved Player. The recipients of the volleyball awards were; Rachel Shonka for Best Offensive Player, Maria Semerad for Best Defensive Player, and Kayli Vavricek for Most Improved Player.