The Home of Schuyler Central High School News

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

The Schuyler Warrior

Like us on Facebook
Click below to follow Warrior News

The Switch to high school

Photo Credit: Robbi McKenney
A group of freshmen gather to talk together after school in the commons.

As a freshman at Schuyler Central High School, I feel like a lot has changed since last year. For example, there are new teachers, new students, and even some new classes. I also feel we have more privileges than what we had in middle school. For example, using phones, carrying around backpacks and even choosing some elective classes. In middle school, we were not allowed to use phones, backpacks went in lockers, and the classes were the same as previous years just changing grades and teachers. 

Meeting new people is really difficult for me. I just don’t like meeting new people, but I feel like once you get used to getting around the high school and seeing new faces in the halls, you get used to meeting new people. Although I might have lost many friends since last year, I feel like now I have more confidence to meet new people and actually start conversations. I’ve met new people in classes, in the halls, and even at lunch. I feel like making new friends in high school is pretty easy, you just have to actually try to talk to them and be nice. 

Moving from middle school to high school makes you decide on what classes you want to take and what extracurricular activities you want to be involved in. Even though some classes are required like English, Math, Science, History, Personal Finance, Speech, and ITA, there are many classes that you can try out. For example, Broadcasting, Yearbook, Digital Newspaper, Spanish, Ceramics, and Welding are classes you could try. These classes aren’t required, but would help you build your credit.