Social Media is not just for Socializing

Photo credits: Kimberly Morales

The SCHS Facebook account.

Kimberly Morales, Staff Reporter

Social media can be a great way to stay in touch with people, but how are Schuyler Community Schools using social media? Jeff Droge, Director of Technology responded with “as in this case with every school district in the state, it’s important to inform our students, parents, and community members with accurate and up to date information in a timely manner.” In addition to social media, SCHS uses their websites, SCS mobile app, and mass notification system to communicate and inform because not everyone has a social media account. 

Some Schuyler Central High School teachers, coaches, and sponsors are using social media to inform and promote programs to gain community support and to share with parents and the community good things are happening at Schuyler Community Schools. For example picture day or school events are posted on social media to inform parents. Last year FFA shared pictures and comments about the trip to Nationals. FCCLA and Speech team have recently shared a link to a fundraiser, to make it convenient for people to purchase products members are selling. Many sports as well have their own social media accounts.  link If you would like to connect with the boys basketball team to prepare for the upcoming season their Facebook account is @schuylercentralhighschoolboysbasketball. More SCHS social media accounts to follow are listed here.