Football Team prepares to Win Turnover

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

Warrior runs to gain distance on the field.

Ronal Nieto, Staff Reporter

The 2020 Schuyler Central High School football season has started. Head coach for the second year is Jason Ankrah. Coach Ankrah stated that the “Main changes that Covid caused to the team was getting kids out of work mode all summer and having them report to offseason workouts and camp”. Goals that the football team are working on are; win the turnover battle, do your job, and win their one on ones. 

Football player and sophomore, Diego Maganda shared that “This season I look forward to getting closer with my teammates. Football creates a brotherhood like no other. It also teaches you life lessons, such as being responsible and respectful. On and off the field. I’m also looking forward to changing the football program around. I know we can do great”. Warrior football has been working to turn around their loosing streak for several seasonsThe challenge the football players face with Covid 19 is “not knowing when the season can end. The whole team is thankful for having a season“ explained Maganda. Maganda shared advice for new players at Schuyler Central High School’s football team “Some advice I have for a new football player is to enjoy it. It really does fly by, I remember being little and wanting to play football in front of Schuyler’s crowd. Wanting people to cheer you on. Now here I am , where I wanted to be”. Coach Ankrah, his staff, as well as the players are ready for this season.