Scoot in and scoot out of Scooter’s

SCHS+student%2C+Vincent+Wegner+giving+a+customer+a+drink.+

Photo Credits: Robbi McKenney

SCHS student, Vincent Wegner giving a customer a drink.

Lasayia Ramirez, Staff Reporter

On December 21st, a Scooter’s Coffee opened in Schuyler and is an employer for many SCHS students. Scooter’s was founded by Don and Linda Eckles in 1998. When they opened their first drive-thru coffee shop in Bellevue, Nebraska that’s when their journey began. Don and Linda’s keys to success were to find a good location, stay committed to high-quality drinks, speed of service, and a big smile. The name “Scooter’s” came from Don and Linda’s daughter’s nickname. Their daughter’s nickname was Scooter. Scooter’s fit in well with their mission to keep the customers happy by helping them “scoot in and scoot out” quickly.

SCHS senior, Consepcion De La Cruz is an employee at Scooter’s here in Schuyler. It was overwhelming for Consepcion when she first started working. “The whole crew didn’t know what to expect since we were all just starting to understand how everything worked and came together” said Consepcion. As time went by Consepcion and other employees became more comfortable with the process. Before Scooter’s opened, the whole crew had a whole week of training. “We learned everything from safety procedure to the crafting of every single drink that we all love and enjoy” stated Consepcion. Her advice to someone that would want to work at Scooter’s would be to focus on teamwork and work with your co-workers to make the best possible drink. “Remember that we always strive to be amazing people, making amazing drinks, amazingly fast” Consepcion said. Consepcion’s favorite part of her job is getting to meet new and amazing people everyday that she’s there. “I decided to apply there because I thought it would be a great experience and because I honestly always wanted to work at a coffee shop because I LOVE coffee and hey it worked out, so I’m really happy that I get to work for Scooters” explained Consepcion. If you ever get the chance to go to Scooter’s a drink Consepcion would recommend is their signature drink, the Caramelicious. If you’re looking for something “green” then you should get Consepcion’s personal favorite drink, which is the Matcha Smoothie with Mango.