“We Are Schuyler” slogan continues for Volleyball

Photo Credit: Yearbook Staff

This is the 2022 Volleyball team.

Evelyn Cortez, Staff Reporter

As the new season begins the Schuyler Central High School Volleyball has begun. This year SCHS Girls Volleyball team has 32 players. They are a combination of new and returning players. Head Coach Drey Keairnes, a librarian, has been coaching volleyball for two years. Coach Keairnes is excited for the freshmans to be joining, coach Keairnes has many goals for this volleyball season. Coach Keairnes explained “that his  goal for this season is to keep building a culture of positivity using the “We Are Schuyler” slogan as our main focus”.

Coach Keairnes became a volleyball coach because he is passionate about helping young athletes discover their passion and unlock their potential. Coach Keairnes explained that “Many things about life can be learned through sports, and volleyball is a great place for girls to experience those life lessons.” For students interested in joining the team, Coach Keairnes would suggest that students need to be ready to work hard every single day, even when they don’t want to. He would also tell students to be ready to laugh, because working hard and having fun go hand in hand. Coach Kearines is looking forward to a lot this year, This is a fun team to coach. According to Coach Keairnes the girls make him laugh every single day, and he look forward to that. He is really looking forward to having fun while working hard and seeing all the success the team can achieve this season.